RANDOM MUSING

NEWS: I know, I've been gone a long time. Shut up. :P

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Back-to-school Shopping? Not hardly.

The idea of this blog came from a Retrojunk.com article that anyone born in the 80s or early 90s should read.

<<REWIND Growing up, I remember when I would go back-to-school shopping. It usually involved getting new shoes, new clothes, a new backpack, a haircut, etc. The usual fare that goes with the times. It was exciting, not knowing what to expect and often being surprised by things.
>>FASTFORWARD My senior year of high school: I wore the same clothes, had the same notebooks, and didn't get my haircut the week before. I went into the year not knowing what to expect as everyone else does but it didn't intrigue me as it did when I was younger. I knew that most of the people were coming back to the same school, we even had Myspace to keep in touch over the summer.
<<REWIND Back then I didn't know who was going to be in my classes. I hardly ever used the phone since I was either too busy having fun or never got friend's phone numbers.
>>FASTFORWARD These days my cell phone never leaves my side. Whatever happened to good old-fashioned note writing during classes? My friends and would always play Messenger to one another and  we never got caught.
<<REWIND I was the awesome kid that smuggled toys in his Ninja Turtles bookbag.
>>FASTFORWARD I was the geeky guy that carried a Bible in my books. Still awesome, but not as awesome as that sweet GameBoy bookbag I once had.

This thing? Yeah, believe it or not it was awesome.

Well... it was awesome when people weren't pretending to play it while IT WAS ON MY BACK! Yeah, you jerks.
I suppose that's enough for now. A decent first entry I'd say. I've got more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment